Saturday, December 11, 2021

Granny soon to be...

"Random Thoughts About Aging" -2021


Couldn't be!!! I'm just 35, with relatively young kids and both parents still alive,  music blasting from my room- "Time, time time is on my side"... No, it isn't. That was me in last night's dream. I used to hear older folk. "Where did the years go". Now, I'm one of them. So, what is the answer I'm not 35.  My "babies" are older than that, and my beloved parents have been gone for over 30 years.  The 23rd of Feb. 1989, was the day "the music died". My dad passed in his sleep. Since that phone call from my mom, and to this day, my favorite performers play in my mind's eye, and their lyrics evoke memories of yesterday. Sometimes, my emotions get in the way of me being the ability to sing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment